September is here again, and another group of summer interns at San Diego International Airport has come and gone. In early August the interns had lunch with Airport Authority President and CEO Thella F. Bowens, who shared career advice and professional insights.Back row, from left:
- Austin (Training & Organization Development – Brigham Young University)
- Nathan (Aviation Security & Public Safetyu – Oklahoma State University)
- Natalie (Human Resources – San Diego State University)
- Mark (Quieter Home Program – University of California at San Diego)
- Daniel (Airport Planning – University of North Dakota)
- Jeff (Small Business Development – San Diego State University)
- Tim (The Green Build – University of California at San Diego)
- Jennifer (Facilities Development – University of Virginia)
Front row, from left:
- Lois (Public, Community and Customer Relations – San Diego State University)
- Michelle (Real Estate Management – The George Washington University)
- Jessica (Risk Management – San Diego State University)
- Thella F. Bowens (Airport Authority President/CEO)
- Dani (Marketing – Point Loma Nazarene University)
- Dana (Airport Noise Mitigation – Florida Institute of Technology)
- Chris (Environmental Affairs – University of California at San Diego [not pictured])
At the beginning of the summer the interns were given a group project: Design and implement an Web page to promote the Airport Authority’s internship program among colleges, universities and the general public and provide future interns with useful information. Over the next two months, the interns worked with their advisers – Mike in Human Resources, Jon in Marketing and Dat in Internet Technology – to unveil a really awesome site.
This year, the core team of Airport Authority employees responsible for the internship program – Carol and Michelle in Human Resources, fellow Ambassablogger Sjohnna in the Quieter Home Program and me – implemented some changes to the already “World Class” program . . . so next year is going to be even better! Remember to check the Airport Authority’s employment website starting in February 2010 for more information about the program.
Oh, and as a farewell gift, the 2009 summer interns produced this music video showing them in action at the airport:
Home Treat Alert! The special feature above may not be accessible at work. But you can view the Ambassablog at home & check it out there.