“One final beam. One bright future.” That was the memorable slogan on a large banner hanging over the final steel beam for The Green Build Terminal 2 expansion at San Diego International Airport yesterday, before it was lifted into place at a “Topping Out” ceremony attended by over 200 Airport Authority staff, construction workers, elected officials, community leaders and media.
There are several ways to get a taste of yesterday’s excitement if you didn’t happen to be there:
- Check out more pictures from the ceremony, including shots of the beam being lifted into place by a giant crane, at this photo album on the airport’s Facebook page.
- If you’re more the Flickr type, see some shots at the airport’s Flickr page.
- If you follow the airport on Twitter, you can see some of the first pictures posted from the event at the airport’s Twitter feed.
- Read about yesterday’s ceremony in this story from the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Learn even more about the Topping Out ceremony and its significance for The Green Build in this news release issued by the Airport Authority.