I can remember a number of occasions, when I was a wee young lad in Northern California, of getting in trouble for not doing my chores. My dad would say, “You better have an attitude adjustment real soon, Ryan.” Uh-oh. Not good.
But, 20 years have passed. So now, when I need an “attitude adjustment,” I can fly to one of the 43 non-stop destinations offered from SDIA! Yay! Much better! Here’s a map of those destinations.
I was curious what some of my co-workers’ favorite “attitude adjustments” are … and why? Below are their responses, with the city and three-letter airport city code for each city. Remember, you can fly nonstop between San Diego and each of these cities. And if you’re planning a trip to any of these destinations, click the handy hyperlinks below for great information about them.
- Austin , Texas (AUS) - Sandi in Airport Planning: “Great food! Good music and beautiful scenery!”
- Honolulu, Hawaii (HNL) - Suzanne in Real Estate Management: “I just can’t get enough of those warm, tropical beaches.”
- Nashville, Tennessee (BNA) - Dennise in IT: “To visit good friends and possibly run into Kenney Chesney … I love country music!”
- Minneapolis/ St. Paul, Minnesota (MSP) - Diann in Training & Organization Development: “There are beautiful lakes, gorgeous trees that change color in the autumn, terrific restaurants, arts and sports!”
- Phoenix, Arizona (PHX) - Marion in Environmental Affairs: “Both Southwest and US Airways fly to Phoenix, with lots of daily service … an easy way for me to get some ‘real heat’!”
- Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ) - Paul in Airport Planning: “It is the gateway to Santa Fe, Taos and the delights of northern New Mexico. Check out the Folk Art Museum and the Georgia O’Keefe Museum. Plus, green chili burgers, farmer’s markets and world-famous chili powder.” (Paul gave me three fantastic paragraphs on New Mexico. Note to internal staff: seriously, call Paul if you are heading to ABQ).
- Sacramento, California (SMF) - Diann in Training/Organization Development (she couldn’t resist and had to submit two!): “Sacramento is my favorite gateway to the California wine country. It’s only about an hour away. Wonderful wineries and fabulous restaurants.”
- New York City, New York (JFK) – Jeff L. in Human Resources: “Broadway, museums, sight-seeing and shopping! Also, getting to see paparazzi assembled to snap photos of Nathan Lane, Lily Tomlin, Jessica Alba and Posh Spice!”
- Again, New York City, New York (JFK) – Mary in the Administration Division: “Getting immersed in the urban, big-city vibe; Yankees games; pasta in Little Italy; and Broadway shows!”
Well, readers, I’m sure you’re dying to know what my favorite attitude adjustment is? Take me to lunch at Yan Can and I might tell you. Kidding!
But I’d love to hear from you … any favorite nonstop attitude adjustments from San Diego International Airport you’d like to share? Click the comments link below and let us know.