I am writing this on Friday, May 23 from Gate 5 (Puerta 5) at Tijuana International Airport (TIJ), getting ready to board Aero México flight 190 (vuelo 190) to Mexico City (Ciudad de Mexico). Check out the photo of me in front of the AeroMexico 737-800 and some other shots I took at TIJ .
Here is a summary of findings and projections based on the results of that study:
- The number of passengers using Tijuana Internatioinal Airport (TIJ) from the United States will continue to grow significantly over the next 20 years, regardless of whether a cross-border terminal is developed.
- If an easy cross-border connection is not built, it is estimated that 2.1 million annual passengers (MAP) to and from the United States will use TIJ in 2020 and 3.7 MAP in 2030.
- San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- Southern California Association of Governments
- San Diego Taxpayers Association
Filed under: RYAN (Airport Planning Department) |