Jet Blue first started serving San Diego in June, 2003 with nonstop service to New York’s JFK Airport. Since then, they have added service to three more destinations. And guess what? Their fifth once-daily service, to Seattle, starts … TODAY! To celebrate this milestone, I decided to get the inside scoop directly from some of the BLUEst people around: some of the 23 JetBlue staff at San Diego International Airport.
1. Some of you may know that JetBlue names all of their aircraft based on employee suggestions. The winner gets to help take delivery of either the Airbus A320 from the Toulouse, France factory, or the Embraer E190 from the factory in Brazil. What are some of your favorite aircraft names?
- I Only Have Eyes for Blue (Tina)
- Tale of Blue Cities (Brian)
- The Name is Blue … Jet Blue (Brian and Mark)
- Blue is So You (Matt)
- 100% Blue (Elsa)
- Blue Sapphire (Maria)
- Blue is the New Black (Dean)
2. Onboard the aircraft, JetBlue has Direct TV in every seat. What are your favorite channels?
3. Cutting to the chase, why are you excited about the new service between San Diego and Seattle service starting today?
- “It’s one of our most-requested city pairs … Can’t wait!” (Brian)
- “Seattle has consistently been the number-one-requested destination on the West Coast.” (Matt)
- “It’s a new destination — we’re growing!” (Elvira)
- “I can visit for a while before it rains.” (Dean)
- (And my favorite:) “Pike Place Market and a good cup of coffee.” (Royal)
- “All the great people we get to meet coming in and out of San Diego.” (Mark)
- “It doesn’t seem like a job, but more like a family.” (Matt)
- (And my personal favorite:) “It’s all about the BLUE.” (J.R.)
Filed under: RYAN (Airport Planning Department)